Is there truly a Perfect Human Diet?Posted by Autumn Smith
IN THIS EPISODE:
- Why CJ dropped dead at 24
- Who saved his life
- Why he adopted a vegan diet
- How he knew a vegan diet was not for him
- How we know our ancestors ate meat
- Why eating meat made us smarter
- Why our digestive tracts shrunk and what this means
- How we know our digestive tracts are designed for animal products
- Which animals our ancestors preferred
- His biggest "aha" moment while filming the documentary
- The new technology that allows scientists to identify exactly what our ancestors were eating
- What the introduction of agriculture did (or didn't do!) for our ancestors
- How we know our ancestors preferred animal products rather than vegetables
- Two foods Paleo adherents might be eating that can hinder their results
- Why he thinks potatoes should NOT be Paleo approved
- Why too much of a certain Paleo STAPLE is actually dangerous
- How you can eat Paleo easily and avoid these foods
- The one food most Americans eat that is very harmful
- What he thinks we need to do to reclaim the Paleo movement
- The 2 categories that sum up pretty much all food
- Exactly we should and should not be eating according to archaeological records
- Why the advisor to the president of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation would not read Good Calories Bad Calories (this is disheartening)
- What it's going to take to get our policy makers to take Paleo seriously
- Why there is still a lot of hope for Paleo
- And much more!
Visit CJ's website here:
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share or a question you'd like to ask? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see in this post.
Also, we'd love it if you would leave an honest review for The Optimize Paleo Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are super helpful and greatly appreciated as it helps us expose this show to a wider audience and spread this information to more people who need to hear it. We read every review so we look forward to hearing from you!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates…see you next time!
Click the button below to subscribe on iTunes: