EP. 59: Ditching Toxins for Weight Loss and Vibrant Health with Lara Adler
IN THIS EPISODE:
It may shock you to know that of the 80,000 chemicals in circulation today, only 200 of them have been tested for safety!
What's worse is that research is now showing that these chemicals can increase our risk for pretty much every disease AND make us fat.
Which is why in today's podcast we're going to geek out with Lara Adler, a Certified Holistic Health Coach and self-taught Environmental Toxins Expert.
Because if you've been EXTRA diligent about eating a healthy diet, exercising, reducing your stress levels, and doing everything else you can do to favorablly affect your health...but still haven't reached your health goals...
It's not your fault!
TOXINS may be to blame.
So listen to the podcast and learn all about the many simple ways you can go about reducing your toxic exposure so that your health can truly thrive.
Here are some of the juicy tidbits you're in for:
- What toxins are and where they are found
- The link between toxins and obesity
- How exactly toxins make us fat
- The surprising places you'll find obesogens
- Why the dose does NOT always make the poison
- Which diseases the literature links to toxic exposure
- what a NOAL level is and why it matters for your health
- How many chemicals the typical woman is exposed to before she leaves the house
- Why only 200 of the 80,000 chemicals in circulation have been thoroughly tested for safety
- Why 2 chemicals is "badder" than one!
- How much toxic exposure costs us in terms of health care costs (this will SHOCK you!)
- The 5 steps to reducing your toxic exposure!
- The most important step you can take to reduce toxic exposure
- Why traditional "detoxes" don't necessarily remove toxins
- Why toxins are stored in fat
- Why many people get sick after gastric bypass surgery
- Foods that encourage your body to release toxins
- Why certain prescription medications trigger weight gain (really interesting!)
- The reason rice almost always contains arsenic
- How to reduce the amount of arsenic in your rice
- Her favorite personal care products
- Why BPA-free plastic may be even WORSE
- The beverage you can use to supercharge your detox
- Lifestyle changes you can make to reduce your toxic burden
- And much more!
Check out Lara's website's here:
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share or a question you'd like to ask? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see in this post.
Also, we'd love it if you would leave an honest review for The Optimize Paleo Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are super helpful and greatly appreciated as it helps us expose this show to a wider audience and spread this information to more people who need to hear it. We read every review so we look forward to hearing from you!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates…see you next time!
Click the button below to subscribe on iTunes: