EP86: The Truth About Probiotics with Kiran Krishnan
IN THIS EPISODE:
Kiran Krishnan is a Research Microbiologist and has been involved in the dietary supplement and nutrition market for the past 17 years. He comes from a strict research background having spent several years with hands-on R&D in the fields of molecular medicine and microbiology at the University of Iowa. Kiran also established a Clinical Research Organization where he designed and conducted dozens of human clinical trials in human nutrition.
Here's what you'll learn:
- The movie that made Kiran become a microbiologist
- The most shocking and important findings of The Human Microbiome Project
- Why microbiologists are suddenly the cool kids on the block
- The leading cause of mortality worldwide and how to fix it
- The reason his probiotic is the MOST paleo probiotic on the market
- Where probiotics are derived and why it matters
- Why most probiotics on the market are made by marketers
- The shortcomings of most probiotics
- What characterizes a great probiotic
- One probiotic that is changing the game for many people (including healing leaky gut!)
- Why rotating your probiotics isn't necessary
- Why eating our beef sticks is a VERY good idea
- 4 ways to cultivate gut health today
- Where you should shop to find foods that promote bacterial diversity
- How to take a probiotic to avoid adverse reactions
- The one piece of advice Kiran wished he had known 20 years ago
- And much more!
- Learn More About Just Thrive Probiotics (Get 15% OFF with Just Thrive Discount Code: PALEO15)
- Find Megaspore Probiotics Near You
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share or a question you'd like to ask? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see in this post.
Also, we'd love it if you would leave an honest review for The Optimize Paleo Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are super helpful and greatly appreciated as it helps us expose this show to a wider audience and spread this information to more people who need to hear it. We read every review so we look forward to hearing from you!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates…see you next time!
Click the button below to subscribe on iTunes: