EP. 40: The Missing Link for Vibrant Health with Dr. Lissa Rankin
IN THIS EPISODE:
Dr. Lissa Rankin is an integrative medicine physician, author, speaker, artist, and founder of the online health and wellness community OwningPink.com. Discouraged by our broken health-care system, Dr. Rankin set out to discover why some patients experience miraculous cures from seemingly incurable illnesses, while others remain sick even when they receive the best medical care. She is on a mission to put the "care" back in health care and has a fascinating story and research that will blow your mind!
Here's what you'll learn:
- What Dr. Rankin thinks is the #1 biggest risk factor in health
- Why the Spontaneous Remissions Project is important
- What those living longer lives have in common
- How she knew at 7 years old that she was born to be a doctor
- Why she knew she had to turn her back on the traditional medical system
- What the placebo and nocebo effects teach us about our ability to heal
- Why fake knee surgeries can be as effective as real surgeries
- The main factors affecting your health that most people NEVER think about
- How often Americans are in the stress response
- How we can activate our self-healing mechanisms
- Why your chronic repetitive stress WILL end in diagnosis if left unaddressed
Check out Lissa's Website here:
Check out Lissa's books here:
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share or a question you'd like to ask? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see in this post.
Also, we'd love it if you would leave an honest review for The Optimize Paleo Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are super helpful and greatly appreciated as it helps us expose this show to a wider audience and spread this information to more people who need to hear it. We read every review so we look forward to hearing from you!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates…see you next time!
Click the button below to subscribe on iTunes: