EP119: APOE4 & How to Prevent Alzheimer’s With Alex Swanson
Stop Alzheimer’s Before it Begins!Posted by Autumn Smith
IN THIS EPISODE:
Alex is the founder of Nutrition Genome and creator of the software Genetrition™! He is a second generation nutritionist and co-owner of Swanson Health Center, a private family clinical nutrition practice that has been in business for over 40 years. He's also the creator of the popular blog, The Health Beat. Alex is a Stanford trained epigenetic MASTER. He helped me understand that epigenetic testing (when it’s properly interpreted) is empowering because genes aren’t fixed. In fact, your genes are like light switches you can turn on and off depending on how you live your life.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Alex’s Story: 3:06
- Epigenetic’s Defined: 4:19
- What is APOE4?: 6:41
- The 3 types of Alzheimer’s: 9:50
- Other genes that are associated with Alzheimer’s and how to optimize them: 12:25
- How much exercise is enough: 14:45
- The foods that will reduce your risk of Alzheimer’s: 17:03
- How to use intermittent fasting to prevent Alzheimer’s: 30:22
- Whether the keto diet is helpful for those with Alzheimer’s: 33:17
- Supplements that may be beneficial: 38:15
- The supplement that detoxes aluminum: 40:02
- Lifestyle suggestions to avoid Alzheimer’s: 43:51
- How much exercise is enough: 46:02
- Detoxing with a sauna?: 49:05
- Connect with Alex: 50:14
- And so much more!
- Connect with Alex Here: https://nutritiongenome.com/
- Get you Gene's Tested Here: https://nutritiongenome.com/product/genetrition-dna-collection-kit-and-nutrition-genome-report/
- Check out Alex's previous podcast: https://paleovalley.com/podcast/ep92-the-best-first-step-for-vibrant-health-with-alex-swanson
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share or a question you'd like to ask? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see in this post.
Also, we'd love it if you would leave an honest review for The Optimize Paleo Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are super helpful and greatly appreciated as it helps us expose this show to a wider audience and spread this information to more people who need to hear it. We read every review so we look forward to hearing from you!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates…see you next time!
Click the button below to subscribe on iTunes: