Did you know that you can survive for over a month without food but only about ONE week without water?
And that many times your cravings for food are actually your body asking for WATER? Well, it's true!
And I'm popping by today solely to remind you that you're not going to get the vibrant health you deserve if you're dehydrated.
- Seventy-five percent of your body is made from water including 92% of our blood and 75 % of our muscles
- Drinking enough water has been shown to promote heart and kidney health
- Dehydration increases your risk of obesity, high blood pressure, and cancer
The sad part is, far too few people are drinking enough water today.
And you might even be one of them!
As a result, your heart is working harder to pump blood throughout your body, toxins are not being detoxified as effortlessly and fat burning is dramatically impaired.
So please be sure to drink half your weight in pounds in ounces each and every day!
That means if you weigh 150 pounds, you should be drinking 75 ounces, or around 9 glasses of water each day. I know it sounds like a lot, but if you carry a glass water bottle with you, and count your daily morning IGNITE, green shake and nightcap herbal tea into the equation (which is totally LEGAL!) it's very possible.
It's actually very surprisingly easy!
You might even set an hourly alarm on your phone during work hours as a reminder.
And if you get bored with the same old refreshing taste, simply jazz things up by infusing your water with fresh lemon, mint, cucumber, ginger slices, strawberry, mint or blueberries. My husband and I also just purchased a device that makes our filtered water into sparkling water and I find myself drinking, even more, water than usual as a result.
It takes seconds and is SERIOUSLY delicious!
But please remember:
Water can be an incredible weight loss and overall health tool or another source of toxicity. The chlorine and fluoride found in municipal water supplies can be harmful to thyroid function and gut bacteria which will make fat loss and vibrant health far more difficult. So please be sure to find a high-quality source.
Find a spring at www.findaspring.com or invest in an at-home, water-filtration system for both your faucet AND shower. A shower filter is important because sixty percent of what you place on your skin will be absorbed into circulation. I've heard that Zero water filter works well and you can also build a shower filter like we did with this YouTube video. It takes a little time but your health will definitely thank you!
Also be sure to drink from glass water bottles instead of plastic to avoid consuming xenoestrogens (estrogen mimickers like BPA) and other dangerous chemicals.
So the important takeaways from today's email:
- Many times when you feel hungry, you're just thirsty
- Adequate water intake reduces nibbling and snacking
- Drink half your weight in pounds in ounces every day
- Carry a glass water bottle with you wherever you go and set an hourly reminder
- Infuse your water with fancy organic fruits if you get bored
- Get a shower and faucet filter or find a local spring
- Drink from glass bottles rather than plastic