EP93: How to PREVENT and REVERSE America’s most feared disease With Amy Berger
The One Thing you can do EVERYDAY!Posted by Autumn Smith
IN THIS EPISODE:
Amy Berger, MS, CNS, NTP, is a USAF veteran, Certified Nutrition Specialist and Nutritional Therapy Practitioner who specializes in using low-carbohydrate nutrition to help people reclaim their vitality through eating delicious foods, and showing them that getting and staying well doesn't require starvation, deprivation, or living at the gym. Her motto is, “Real people need real food!” She blogs at http://www.tuitnutrition.com, where she writes about a wide range of health and nutrition-related topics, such as insulin, metabolism, weight loss, thyroid function, and more. She is the author of The Alzheimer's Antidote: Using a Low-Carb, High-Fat Diet to Fight Alzheimer's Disease, Memory Loss, and Cognitive Decline.
Here's are some of the nuggets you're in for:
- Why current Alzheimer's treatments are ineffective
- Why some doctors may still prescribe ineffective treatments
- What the research says about a ketogenic/low carb diet for AD (this will SHOCK you!)
- Why more people don't know about this research
- The early signs and symptoms of Alzheimer's
- The test that determines whether you're at risk before any other
- Why Alzheimer's is known as Type 3 Diabetes
- Whether people who don't have diabetes are still vulnerable
- The often missed sign you may develop AD
- Why testing blood sugar is not adequate
- Which hormone you NEED to test
- Why beta-amyloid plaques are NOT the cause of Alzheimer's
- Why eating too many carbs encourages beta-amyloid plaques
- The vitamin deficiency that may be the root cause of your cognitive issues
- How to eat to prevent Alzheimer's
- Why vegetables aren't as important as we think they are
- Why she respectfully disagrees with Dr. Terry Wahls
- The opposite of veganism (really fascinating!)
- Whether she prefers MCT oil or coconut oil
- Why low carb can be as effective as ketones
- Why you don't necessarily need to test your ketones
- The genetic variant that MAY increase your risk
- The one food that can improve cognition and AD symptoms all by itself
- The diet used in trials to reverse AD and mild cognitive impairment
- Amy's favorite brain-building foods
- Her favorite supplements for brain health
- The awesome trick for choosing a brain-building fish oil
- Which forms of B12 she recommends
- Lifestyle factors that help reverse/prevent AD
- Why sleep is CRITICAL for brain health
- The one piece of advice Amy would share with you to better your health
- And much more!
- Connect with Amy Burger: www.tuitnutrition.com
- Read her book “The Alzheimer’s Antidote”: http://amzn.to/2wCqH1X
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share or a question you'd like to ask? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see in this post.
Also, we'd love it if you would leave an honest review for The Optimize Paleo Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are super helpful and greatly appreciated as it helps us expose this show to a wider audience and spread this information to more people who need to hear it. We read every review so we look forward to hearing from you!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates…see you next time!
Click the button below to subscribe on iTunes: