EP85: Overcoming Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) with Greg Williams
IN THIS EPISODE:
Greg, a natural health specialist based in the U.K., watched his wife suffer from debilitating IBD. Greg's wife is living proof and in today's podcast, you'll hear all about what they did to transform her health when there were no other options! IBD is an autoimmune condition, so the gems in this conversation will apply to all autoimmune sufferers (and those who'd like to prevent them!)
Here's what you'll learn:
- What is IBD?
- How many people are suffering today?
- The limitations of the conventional approach
- How his wife put her IBD into remission after years of suffering
- The commonly prescribed medication that can increase your risk of cancer
- Whether or not surgery is useful
- What percentage of people who have surgery still have flare ups
- The difference between Crohn's disease and Ulcerative Colitis
- How IBD is diagnosed
- Why most doctors believe diet doesn't play a role in IBD (but why IBD sufferers disagree)
- The most important (and little known) factor to address for IBD remission
- What foods commonly trigger IBD
- The 3 most common factors contributing to IBD
- Why multiple food sensitivities are often a sign of something deeper
- The 3 most common causes of multiple food sensitivities
- How to conduct an elimination diet
- The little-known food that many Crohn's sufferers shouldn't eat
- Which test he always recommends
- Why he discourages IgG testing in the beginning stages of IBD treatment
- The 2 biggest mistakes most people make when treating IBD
- Why stress is such a huge issue in IBD
- How to reduce stress
- Why your beliefs (and those of your doctor) often determine your outcome
- Why he hopes Donald Trump writes a self-help book
- Why he admires Arnold Schwarzennegar
- How to change your belief systems
- The morning routine he uses to get his day started off on the right food
- My 5 minute morning routine
- And much more!
- Connect with Greg Williams: www.iamgregwilliams.com
- Check out his Supplement Line: www.autoimmuneinstitute.com
- Like Greg on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ibdspecialist
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share or a question you'd like to ask? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see in this post.
Also, we'd love it if you would leave an honest review for The Optimize Paleo Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are super helpful and greatly appreciated as it helps us expose this show to a wider audience and spread this information to more people who need to hear it. We read every review so we look forward to hearing from you!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates…see you next time!
Click the button below to subscribe on iTunes: