EP264: How to Nourish Your Body During and Post Pregnancy with Stephanie Greunke
A 2019 study revealed many pregnant women today do not meet the recommended intakes for nutrients like:
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin A
Which is scary given that inadequate nutrition can negatively impact baby’s development, mom’s health AND how mom feels (physically & emotionally) in her postpartum period.
This is exactly why I invited one of my favorite experts in the wellness world, the Whole30’s dietician, Stephanie Greunke, on the show to teach us all how to not only survive pregnancy and the postpartum period - but to THRIVE through it.
Here are some of the topics we dive into...
- The most important nutrients for pregnancy
- Medications that can deplete moms
- How to prevent morning sickness (and why it happens!)
- The link between nutrient deficiency, pregnancy, and mental health issues
- Common nutrient deficiencies in paleo dieters
- Her 3 favorite nutrient tests
- Important foods for the first trimester
- Foods to focus on for the second trimester
- How many carbs do you really need for a healthy pregnancy?
- The most important food for the third trimester
- 2 strategies for a healthy, happy postpartum period
- The 3 key ingredients for a simple, healthy meal
- How to lose the baby weight gracefully
- How much weight to lose per week for sustainable weight loss
- Her 6 favorite supplements to replete nutrient stores
- The best forms of magnesium for digestion, brain health, and relaxation
- The one food you’ll want to focus on before pregnancy
- My favorite new-momma beauty product
- And so much more!
If you are a momma, momma-to-be, or know someone who is - please share this podcast so we can all experience healthy, happy pregnancies and nourished babies!
Join Steph’s Postpartum Nutrition Program and Community HERE!
Reset your postpartum experience with this step-by-step protocol.
Support Hormonal Health with Essential C Complex HERE!
Try the most potent whole-food vitamin C 100% Risk-Free today.
Stephanie Greunke is Whole30’s in-house Dietitian and Education Manager. She lives in Wisconsin with her husband and two sons. Stephanie specializes in prenatal/postnatal nutrition, behavioral psychology, and holds additional certifications in perinatal mental health and fitness. She’s also the co-host of the “Doctor Mom” Podcast and an internationally recognized speaker. Stephanie is committed to building a community of parents who encourage each other and share their own experiences so they know they’re not alone and have resources to feel empowered.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share or a question you'd like to ask? Email us at [email protected]!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see in this post.
Also, we'd love it if you would leave an honest review for The Optimize Paleo Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are super helpful and greatly appreciated as it helps us expose this show to a wider audience and spread this information to more people who need to hear it. We read every review so we look forward to hearing from you!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates…see you next time!
Click the button below to subscribe on iTunes: