EP113: Tripping Over the Truth With Travis Christofferson
IN THIS EPISODE:
Travis Christofferson, M.S. received his undergraduate degree in molecular biology from the Montana State University Honors Program and a master’s degree in Material Engineering and Science from the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology. Today, he is a full-time science writer, the author of Tripping Over the Truth and founder of a cancer charity. He lives in South Dakota. I’ve read over 50 books this year and this book was one of the best! Seriously. It reads like a novel. So if you or a loved one has cancer and you’d like to learn about cancer in a way that is entertaining rather than overwhelming don’t you DARE miss this podcast or Travis’ awesome book.
Here are of the awesome tidbits you’re in for:
- Travis’s story: 3:33
- The Effects of Sugar on Cancer: 14:20
- Why Cancer is no longer considered a genetic disease?: 16:41
- Why we know that genes are not the only drivers of cancer: 19:34
- The shocking story of how chemotherapy was adopted as a cancer treatment: 23:28
- Which types of cancer seem to respond best to the ketogenic diet: 29:00
- Which other therapies and strategies are showing great potential: 34:15
- Whether or not keto diets should be used preventatively: 37:54
- Whether kids should do the ketogenic diet preventatively: 40:24
- Travis’ thoughts on the use of ketone supplements: 45:26
- Where you can connect with Travis: 49:50
- And MUCH more!
- The Foundation for Metabolic Cancer Therapies: https://foundationformetaboliccancertherapies.com/
- Read his book here: http://amzn.to/2t2hOCs
- Like The Foundation for Metabolic Cancer Therapies: http://bit.ly/2BT84gE
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share or a question you'd like to ask? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see in this post.
Also, we'd love it if you would leave an honest review for The Optimize Paleo Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are super helpful and greatly appreciated as it helps us expose this show to a wider audience and spread this information to more people who need to hear it. We read every review so we look forward to hearing from you!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates…see you next time!
Click the button below to subscribe on iTunes: