EP. 53: The ABC’s Of A Lean Gut And Body
IN THIS EPISODE:
The ABC's of a lean gut (and body!) with Dr. Grace Liu
Dr. Grace Liu, also know by her blog name Dr. BG Animal Pharm, is a medical pharmacist with scientific, nutritional, and pharmacological training. She has studied plant biology and nutritional science, has a doctorate in pharmacy, is a certified Crossfit Nutritionist by Robb Wolf, and has a certificate from the Institute for Functional Medicine. She currently spends her time between the Bay Area and China.
- Why she left the pharmaceutical industry to study the microbiome
- Why the ketogenic diet did NOT work for her
- Which foods helped her heal her gut
- What the microbiome is
- Why there will NEVER be "microbiome" drug
- What dysbiosis is and why it matters
- Why you may STILL suffer from dysbiosis if you're paleo
- Why some paleo adherents don't thrive at first (and how to fix this issue!)
- What your poop can tell you about your health
- What a fecal transplant is and the disease it can treat
- An important test for gauging digestive function (hint: it's not a stool test!)
- The cause of MANY digestive issues today
- Why certain people can eat wheat without issues
- What oxalates are and how they can harm your health
- The root cause of oxalates
- How I resolved my candida
- Why genes are NOT destiny
- What the research says about weight loss and gut health
- The ABC's of a healthy lean gut
- How to eat to get a lean gut
- The 3 foods that RUINS your gut health
- How many grams of carbs you should eat each day for ideal gut health
- Fibers and foods that can improve metabolic health
- The problems with resistant starch
- How your hydrochloric acid levels affect your blood sugar (this is fascinating!)
- What supplements you should take if you get glutenized!
- Her "secret weapon" probiotic that helps her keep a flat tummy
- HOW you should take your probiotics to make them most effective
- Lifestyle changes you can make that help you build a healthy gut!
- Why having a pet is good for your gut
- And much more!
Check out Dr. Grace's website here:
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share or a question you'd like to ask? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see in this post.
Also, we'd love it if you would leave an honest review for The Optimize Paleo Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are super helpful and greatly appreciated as it helps us expose this show to a wider audience and spread this information to more people who need to hear it. We read every review so we look forward to hearing from you!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates…see you next time!
Click the button below to subscribe on iTunes: