Keto Cauliflower Risotto with Sausage Recipe
Ah, risotto. One of the classic comfort foods that’s, sadly, not-so-paleo … until now.
And the added bonus? It’s also keto!
It turns out with just a few simple swaps, such as cauliflower for the rice, and rich and thick coconut milk for the cream, you can have a very low carb risotto with a flavor reminiscent of “true” rice.
Add in savory mushrooms and smoky turkey sausage, and you’ll have a unique twist on traditional risotto that satisfies as either a side or main dish.
Another bonus? Cauliflower cooks in ¼ of the time as rice, so you also save time in the kitchen. Voila!
Keto Cauliflower Risotto with Sausage
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 12 minutes
Serves: 4 as side, 2 as main
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 12 oz cauliflower rice, fresh or frozen
- 4 Paleovalley Pasture-Raised Turkey Sticks, sliced thin
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried chives
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- chopped fresh parsley or chives optional garnish
- Stovetop pan
- In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the cauliflower rice, mushrooms, and turkey sticks and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk and spices, simmering until the cauliflower is fully cooked and liquid is absorbed, about 5 to 7 more minutes.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and serve as a side or main!
While you can use regular sausage in this recipe, Paleovalley Turkey Sticks make the perfect “shortcut” - they’re pre-cooked and add a delicious smoky flavor to any savory dish. Or enjoy them on their own as a satisfying high-protein snack.>>>Stock up on Pasture-Raised Turkey Sticks & SAVE Up to 20% TODAY!