EP77: The Gut-Skin Connection with Dr. Trevor Cates
IN THIS EPISODE:
Dr. Trevor Cates is a nationally recognized naturopathic doctor. She was the first woman licensed as a naturopathic doctor in the state of California, appointed by former Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to California's Bureau of Naturopathic Medicine Advisory Council. She has worked with world-renown spas and sees patients in her private practice in Park City, Utah with a focus on graceful aging and glowing skin.
She has been featured on the Doctors, Extra, First for Women, Mind Body Green and is the host of THE SPA DR. iTunes Podcast.
Here are some of the juicy details you're in for:
- What inspired her to become the Spa Doctor
- Why traditional acne treatments are not adequate
- The really scary side effects of common acne medications
- The reason many experts still claim acne isn't caused by food (even though it is!)
- Why our skin is our magic mirror
- The 4 most common causes of skin issues today
- The two WORST foods for you skin
- Why all kinds of dairy can cause skin issues
- Whether or not chocolate causes skin issues
- The 3 foods that are most often associated with eczema
- Her 2 part process for getting clear skin
- Her 3 favorite foods for great skin
- The 2 hormone-damaging ingredients found in common skin care products
- How to choose CLEAN skin care products
- Which labs have the most accurate food sensitivity testing
- And much more!
Check out Dr. Trevor Cates Here: www.thespadr.com
The Spa Dr.'s Natural Skincare Line: www.store.thespadr.com
Tips and Resources for Clean Products:
- Environmental Working Group: www.safecosmetics.org
- The Campaign for Safe Cosmetics: www.ewg.org
- Foods to EAT & foods to STAY away from: www.thespadr.com/foods-to-eat-cheat-sheet
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share or a question you'd like to ask? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see in this post.
Also, we'd love it if you would leave an honest review for The Optimize Paleo Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are super helpful and greatly appreciated as it helps us expose this show to a wider audience and spread this information to more people who need to hear it. We read every review so we look forward to hearing from you!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates…see you next time!
Click the button below to subscribe on iTunes: