EP312: The Importance of Protein & Muscle for Longevity with Dr. Gabrielle Lyon
IN THIS EPISODE
Hopefully, by now you’ve heard the news that muscle is the organ of longevity.
In other words, if you want to age gracefully, building muscle must be a priority.
Fortunately, there are many simple ways to increase your muscle mass which is what we talk all about in this week’s podcast episode with the brilliant founder of the Institute for Muscle-Centric Medicine, Dr. Gabrielle Lyon.
So if you’ve ever wondered...
- Which exercise provides the most benefits...
- How much protein you need per day (and per meal)…
- The difference between plant and animal protein…
- Whether bone broth helps you age more gracefully…
Then this is the show for you! Tune in today and don’t forget to share this important information with those who may benefit. Here are some other juicy tidbits we cover in our conversation…
- The link between excess weight and memory
- How to exercise to increase muscle mass and mitochondrial health
- The major misconceptions about protein
- Are we eating too much protein?
- The differences between animal protein vs. plant protein
- How much protein you should eat per day (and per meal)
- The amino acid you need at every meal to build muscle
- Why bone broth may help you age more gracefully
- WHEN to eat protein for best results
- How much protein to eat post-training
- Her experience as a vegan/vegetarian
- How to get her new book
- And so much more!
This episode was one of my favorites and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Thanks for listening.
Paleovalley Bone Broth Protein
>>> Age Gracefully with Nutrient-Dense Grass Fed Bone Broth Protein Powder RISK-FREE + Get up to 20% Off TODAY!
Dr. Gabrielle Lyon is an integrative physician who completed her fellowship in Nutritional
Sciences and Geriatrics at Washington University, St. Louis. She is board-certified in Family Medicine and completed her undergraduate work in Human Nutrition Vitamin and Mineral Metabolism. Dr. Gabrielle is the founder of the Institute for Muscle-Centric Medicine and works closely with current and retired Special Operations military as well as the leaders, mavericks and entrepreneurs in their prospective fields through her virtual medical practice.
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share or a question you'd like to ask? Email us at [email protected]!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see in this post.
Also, we'd love it if you would leave an honest review for The Optimize Paleo Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are super helpful and greatly appreciated as it helps us expose this show to a wider audience and spread this information to more people who need to hear it. We read every review so we look forward to hearing from you!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates…see you next time!
Click the button below to subscribe on iTunes: