EP215: The Top 5 Brain and Gut Hacks of 2019 with Steve Wright
IN THIS EPISODE:
Today, 40 million people suffer from anxiety in America. Alzheimer’s affects over 5 million and depression is one of the leading causes of disability worldwide.
Even more disheartening, is the fact that many people suffering from these brain-based conditions don’t have treatment options that work for them.
Because I have both genes for Alzheimer’s and a history of anxiety, I’m obsessed with finding new research-based strategies to keep my brain sharp, calm, and focused.
Which is why I was thrilled to interview Steve Wright (author of Maverick Healing and founder of HealthyGut.com) and learn about his favorite (and little known) brain and gut hacks of 2019!
Steve has always been a hero of mine (I used to watch him co-host on Chris Kresser’s podcast) and his story and knowledge of the latest brain health research will surprise and inspire you!
Here are some of the awesome topics we cover:
- The often overlooked mineral that helps people relax
- The secret ingredient that once made 7 Up a mood-boosting drink
- The street drug that has cured 70% of treatment-resistant PTSD
- What the Default Mode Network is, and why you need to know about it
- The B vitamin that can help you feel calm in large doses
- The supplement that helped his family member recover from suicidality
- Why Steve called 9-1-1 after taking a vitamin
- The vitamin that has been shown to cure addiction
- What chocolate cravings can mean about your brain chemistry
- The nutrient deficiency that stops healing
- How often you should rotate your supplements
- The cutting edge SIBO treatment that you need to know about
- The biofilm buster that can help heal your gut
- How to become a Maverick healer
- And so much more!
I hope you love this episode as much as I did!
And if you find it helpful, please SHARE this valuable information with anyone it might benefit.
Maverick Healing Library - Learn More HERE!
This “Hushed Up Library” is packed with the most CRITICAL treatments Renegades are using on the front lines of medicine right now.
Follow Steve’s work and stay up to date on cutting edge gut health research, protocols, and proven products.
Steven Wright is a health engineer, author and known as the Maverick healer. He's spent over $350,000 on his own health challenges, co-founded HealthyGut a digestive health community 10 years ago, and is trained in functional medicine at the Kalish Institute. He's deeply devoted to helping humans integrate their pain and challenges into gifts for the world.
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share or a question you'd like to ask? Email us at [email protected]!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see in this post.
Also, we'd love it if you would leave an honest review for The Optimize Paleo Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are super helpful and greatly appreciated as it helps us expose this show to a wider audience and spread this information to more people who need to hear it. We read every review so we look forward to hearing from you!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates…see you next time!
Click the button below to subscribe on iTunes: