EP213: 3 Steps for Improving Mood with Food with Autumn Smith
IN THIS EPISODE:
Since I was a teen, I’ve struggled with mental health issues that no doctor (or psychiatrist) knew how to treat.
It wasn’t until I adopted the paleo diet and suddenly felt calmer, clearer and happier than I had in YEARS, that I understood the food I was eating was affecting my emotions.
Today, the link between food and mood is a burgeoning area of research and something I’ve spent hundreds of hours studying, which is why this week’s podcast is devoted to the 3 steps I’ve taken to keep my mood more stable than it’s been in all my life AND some of the awesome new research I think you’ll benefit from knowing about.
Here are some of the other topics I cover:
- Common side effects of psychiatric meds
- The foods moms eat when they’re pregnant that increase their child’s risk of mental health issues
- The link between gluten and schizophrenia and psychosis
- Hidden sources of gluten
- Why the wrong kind of dairy may provoke mental health issues
- The nutrient deficiency that almost ⅓ of those who are depressed suffer from
- The super nutrient that helps keep me calm
- The most important foods and nutrients for mental health
- The food that will keep your brain 11 years younger if you consume it daily
- The simple trick I used to avoid mood fluctuations
- The link between depression and type 2 diabetes
- The link between diabetes and Alzheimer’s
- The lifestyle hacks I use to keep my mood stable
- The 2 perspective shifts that have improved my mood significantly
- My New Year’s resolution
- And so much more!
Dr. Georgia Ede on Keto & Depression
The Tracy Anderson Method
Increased risk of future addiction - (thesis) / Increased risk of suicide for those on antidepressants (and GlaxoSmithKline’s $3 billion fine)
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share or a question you'd like to ask? Email us at [email protected]!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see in this post.
Also, we'd love it if you would leave an honest review for The Optimize Paleo Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are super helpful and greatly appreciated as it helps us expose this show to a wider audience and spread this information to more people who need to hear it. We read every review so we look forward to hearing from you!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates…see you next time!
Click the button below to subscribe on iTunes: