EP110: Keto for Cancer With Miriam Kalamian
IN THIS EPISODE:
Miriam is a nutrition consultant, educator, and author specializing in the implementation of ketogenic therapies. Miriam earned her master of education (EdM) from Smith College and her master of human nutrition (MS) from Eastern Michigan University. She is board certified in nutrition (CNS) by the Board for Certification of Nutrition Specialists. Miriam’s knowledge base is EXTENSIVE and her passion is palpable so if you, your child or someone you know or love has cancer then PLEASE have a listen! This is life-saving information, my friends!
Here’s what you’re in for:
- Introduction (Her Story): 3:04
- Approaching your Oncologist about Keto: 12:04
- The Warburg Effect: 21:56
- Get Moving and why: 24:53
- Benefits of Keto: 25:57
- What is Ketogenic?: 27:34
- Benefits of Intermittent Fasting: 29:01
- Keto recommendations: 32:27
- The role of Age and Ketosis: 34:11
- What about Dairy and Coffee: 35:22
- Some Real Life Approaches: 38:33
- How Much Protein should you be consuming: 41:17
- Can Ketosis stabilize blood sugar: 44:38
- What Miriam Recommends: 48:45
- What is a Chronometer and Why you should use it: 53:19
- What Supplements should you be taking on Keto for Cancer: 57:36
- How to Get Kids on board with these changes: 1:00:55
- Connect with Miriam: 1:06:47
- Connect with Miriam Here: www.dietarytherapies.com/
- Search her Libary of Podcasts, Interviews, and Videos: www.dietarytherapies.com/media/
- Check out her Book "Keto for Cancer": http://amzn.to/2BMj6VJ
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share or a question you'd like to ask? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see in this post.
Also, we'd love it if you would leave an honest review for The Optimize Paleo Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are super helpful and greatly appreciated as it helps us expose this show to a wider audience and spread this information to more people who need to hear it. We read every review so we look forward to hearing from you!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates…see you next time!
Click the button below to subscribe on iTunes: