The WORLD’S Best Paleo Carrot Cake
The WORLD'S Best Paleo Carrot Cake
Cooking Time: 45 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
2 cups shredded carrots
1 cup coconut flour
⅔ cup honey
½ cup coconut oil, melted + some for greasing your pan
8 eggs, room temperature
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
½ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking soda
¼ cup raisins (optional)
1 tsp sea salt (this is my favorite brand!)
- ¾ cup pecans (or substitute other favorite nuts like walnuts)
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
1 bundt cake pan or other larger baking dish
- Preheat oven 350º F. Grease bundt cake pan with coconut oil.
- Combine all the cake ingredients (except the raisins) into a food processor and mix well to form the batter. Add raisins if using and spread evenly into the greased bundt cake pan.
- Bake 45-50 mins. Remove and let cool for 15 mins. To remove the cake simply place your platter upside down on top of the bundt cake and flip them over. The cake will fall onto the platter easily.
- For icing: Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Mix well. Ice cake and garnish with shredded carrots and serve.
I can honestly say this is one of my favorite dessert recipes so definitely give it a try!
Feel free to put your own spin on it too by adding your favorite nuts into the icing.
For instance, I was out of pecans but didn't want to go to the store so made this recipe with the walnuts I had in the pantry and it was STILL perfection.
Trust me, this recipe will not disappoint and it's even a hard one to mess up. 😊