Stuffed Peppers with Pepperoni Recipe
Stuffed peppers are a classic dish to whip up for a quick, veggie-packed meal.
While most recipes incorporate rice into the pepper “stuffing,” we keep it simple with fresh, nutrient-dense veggies: tomatoes for a dose of anti-aging lycopene, antioxidant-rich chili pepper flakes, and immune-boosting garlic.
Then we add naturally fermented Paleovalley Grass Fed Beef Sticks for a smoky flavor and gut-healing probiotics.
Try out this healthy twist on a classic for a simple yet complexly-flavored dinner or side dish.
Stuffed Peppers with Pepperoni
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- 4 bell peppers, red or green
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 jar of fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 jar of tomato sauce
- Fresh basil leaves
- Pinch of chili flakes
- Dash of olive oil
- 4 100% Grass Fed Beef Sticks
- Sea Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- Glass baking dish
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Cut tops off peppers and remove the seeds.
- Chop your onion and garlic cloves, and slice your beef sticks into thin slices.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil for about 5 minutes until onions are tender.
- Next, add the fire-roasted tomatoes, 3 beef sticks, tomato sauce, basil leaves, and seasonings to the same saucepan, and stir.
- Then parboil the pepper shells in a pan with a little water for 3-4 minutes until slightly softened.
- Now add your pepper shells to a glass baking dish.
- Spoon stuffing mixture into peppers.
- Thinly slice the remaining beef stick and top each pepper with the slices.
- Bake 30-40 minutes at 350º F uncovered to heat through.
- Remove from dish and serve.
Paleovalley Beef Sticks are an easy way to add high-quality protein to any meal. They’re pre-cooked and have a smoky flavor that complements almost any dish. Whether you need a quick weeknight meal or a tasty snack on the go… they hit the spot.