Stuffed Peppers with Pepperoni Recipe
Stuffed peppers are a classic dish to whip up for a quick, veggie-loaded meal.
While most recipes incorporate rice into the pepper “stuffing,” we keep it simple with fresh veggies while adding a smoky flavor kick with our 100% Grass Fed Beef Sticks.
Here we double up on the tomatoes for a dose of anti-aging lycopene, vitamin C and vitamin A, as well as antioxidant-rich chili peppers and immune-boosting garlic.
We then top and infuse the stuffing our 100% Grass Fed Beef Sticks, which are naturally fermented to contain beneficial gut bacteria to help improve digestion.
Try out this twist on a classic for a simple yet complexly-flavored dinner (or even as a side!).
Stuffed Peppers with Pepperoni
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- 4 bell peppers, red or green
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 jar of fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 jar of tomato sauce (basil or plain)
- Fresh basil leaves
- Pinch of chili flakes
- Dash of olive oil
- 100% Grass Fed Beef Sticks
- Sea Salt to taste (get a free bag of our favorite salt here)
- Black Pepper to taste
- Glass baking dish
- Preheat oven to 350º F
- Cut tops off peppers and remove the seeds.
- Chop and your onion and garlic cloves, and slice your Paleovalley beef sticks into thin slices.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, sauté onion and chopped garlic in olive oil for about 5 minutes until onions are tender.
- Next add the fire roasted tomatoes, beef sticks, and can of tomato sauce to the same saucepan, and stir.
- Add your seasonings, then parboil the pepper shells in a pan with a little water for 3-4 mins until slightly softened.
- Now add your pepper shells to a glass baking dish.
- Add salt and pepper to your tomato sauce to taste.
- Spoon stuffing mixture into peppers.
- Thinly slice another beef stick and top each pepper with the slices.
- Bake 30-40 minutes at 350º F uncovered to heat through.
- Remove from dish and serve.
Have enough 100% Grass Fed Beef Sticks for this recipe? If not, go here and save up to 30% on them now.
We used the Original and Jalapeño flavors for this recipe, but feel free to use your favorites including Pasture-Raised Turkey Sticks!