Are you a Lamb Lover or Do you Still Need a Little Convincing?
Makes 4 servings
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
And if you just can't make it happen don't worry! Just substitute it for some 100% grass-fed ground beef or even slice up some of our 100% Grass Fed Beef Sticks.
- 1½ lbs. ground lamb
- 4 cups cauliflower florets/rice
- 1 bulb fennel
- ¼ cup kalamata olives
- 2 cups cherry/sugar grape tomatoes
- ½ tsp. sea salt (here's my favorite brand!)
- ¼ tsp. garlic
- ¼ tsp. basil
- ¼ tsp. oregano
- ¼ tsp. parsley
- ¼ tsp. dill
- ¼ tsp. thyme
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Lemon wedges, fresh dill or other herbs for garnish optional
- ½ cup soaked cashews**
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. tahini
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- **Soak cashews for at least a few hours beforehand.
- Preheat oven to 450° F and roast cauliflower rice until golden, about 16 minutes. Remove from oven, stir well, and spread out again. Return to oven and roast for 6 minutes. Remove from oven, stir well, and spread out again. Continue roasting until browned, about 3-5 minutes more.
- Shave or thinly slice fennel.
- For the hummus add all ingredients (liquids first) to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth adding a little more water, lemon or EVOO as needed. Adjust seasonings to taste, set aside.
- Heat a skillet and add the lamb, garlic, basil, oregano, parsley, dill, salt, thyme, cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg. Break apart and sauté until browned.
- Assemble bowls by adding cauli. rice, then veggies (tomatoes, olives, fennel) and lamb. Serve with cashew hummus on the side, lemon wedges.