Garlic-Herb Mushroom Spaghetti Squash Recipe
If you haven’t made spaghetti squash yet, be prepared for it to open up a whole new world in your kitchen. Not only does spaghetti squash have the look and texture of thin pasta, but is also low in calories and carbs, gluten-free, and rich in vitamins and minerals.
We hope to get you started on a love affair with spaghetti squash with this Garlic-Herb Mushroom “Spaghetti,” featuring cremini mushrooms and our signature, 100% Grass Fed Beef Sticks.
The creaminess of this dish is thanks to full-fat coconut milk, while our garlic summer beef sticks add a robustness and smokiness to accent a blend of Italian herbs.
While this recipe sounds extra-decadent, don’t worry: it’s easy to whip up any night of the week!
Garlic-Herb Mushroom Spaghetti
Prep Time: 10 minutes (not including roasting time for spaghetti squash)
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 3-4 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- 2 cups cremini or button mushrooms, sliced
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil for sauteing
- 2-3 Paleovalley Garlic Summer 100% Grass Fed Beef Sticks
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk (the canned variety)
- 1 tsp sea salt or more to taste
- Herb blend: 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano, 1 tsp dried marjoram, 1 tsp dried thyme, 1/2 tsp dried basil, 1/2 tsp dried rosemary, 1/2 tsp dried sage.
- Baking sheet
- Saute pan
- If you haven’t already cooked your spaghetti squash, slice it in half and place each half face-down on a baking sheet. Roast at 375º for 30-45 minutes depending on the size. Once the squash is roasted, scoop out the seeds, then run a fork along the inner flesh. Scrap the squash “noodles” into a bowl and set aside.
- In a saute pan, add olive oil, chopped garlic, beef sticks, and mushrooms. Saute until browned and soft.
- Whisk your herb blend and sea salt into your coconut milk until thoroughly combined.
- Add squash and sauce to the mushroom and beef stick blend and saute over medium heat until creamy.
- Remove from your pan and garnish with more herbs.
- Savor pasta … without the pasta!
While you can use regular sausage in this recipe, Paleovalley Beef Sticks make the perfect “shortcut”—they’re pre-cooked and already infused with a natural smoky flavor. Plus, they’re great to keep on hand for an easy on-the-go snack too!