Fountain of Youth?
Are you looking for a way to turn back the clock (or age as gracefully as possible)?
- Maybe you’d like to:
- Minimize wrinkles
- Prevent joint pain
- Maintain a full (and shiny) head of hair
- Preserve bone and tooth integrity
- Build lean muscle mass
Who wouldn’t want to look and feel AMAZING as they age, right? And while there is no shortage of anti-aging "miracle cures," on the market today, most OVERpromise and UNDERdeliver. Believe me, I've tried most of them. Thankfully, I've finally found one natural remedy that is can do all of those things and MORE.
It’s grass fed COLLAGEN.
Collagen is the most plentiful protein in the body and is found in our bones, skin, joints, tendons, ligaments, hair, organs, and teeth. You can think of it as the glue that holds everything together.
It's found in the connective tissues of animals. Our bodies also produce collagen but production naturally declines with age. As a result, our skin wrinkles, our joints ache, we get cellulite and we take longer to heal. In other words....we feel and look OLDER.
Our ancestors ate tons of the stuff. Today, not so much. Which is one of the reasons joint pain, premature aging and gut issues are rampant. Adding this wonderfood to your daily repertoire bolsters your collagen supply and prevents many of the signs of aging. I feel like a new person since I've started using it.
And almost everyone I’ve talked to who has tried collagen, agrees. In fact collagen's benefits are heavily supported in the literature. For example...
- A study conducted in 2014 showed that supplementing with 2.5 grams for 8 weeks REDUCED WRINKLES by 20%.
- A 2012 Tufts study demonstrated that collagen helps support joint tissue which caused less arthritic symptoms.
- A 2015 study revealed that supplementing with collagen for 6 months significantly reduced the appearance of cellulite in normal weight and overweight women.
- Supplementing with collagen in a 2015 study improved skin dysfunction by altering genes related to skin production and maintenance.
- Another study showed supplementing with collagen can also help improve fat loss and build muscle mass when paired with resistance training.
- Collagen has also been shown to help prevent bone loss which means it may help prevent or reverse osteoporosis
Collagen has also been known to:
- Reduce food intake
- Boost metabolism
- Promote restful sleep
- Reduce anxiety
- Speed up healing time
- Preserve and heal the gut
- Prevent stiffness in arteries
- Speed up healing time
Collagen can also help prevent disease.
This study ([url=https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25948672]https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25948672[/url]) for example, found that when low glycine status was accounted for, the link between red meat and diabetes disappeared. Therefore, adding collagen to a muscle protein-rich diet (like ours in America) reduced the risk of disease. Essentially, by consuming collagen, we re-embrace the important yet lost tradition of eating the whole animal.
So by consuming collagen we...
- Waste less
- Turn back the clock
- And prevent disease
What's not to love?
Here are my 3 favorite ways to get a healthy dose of anti-aging collagen...
Paleovalley Superfood Bars. Our superfood bars are probably the most nutritious bars you'll find on the market. They have 3-4 grams of sugar, 11-12 grams of protein, 14 superfoods AND grass-fed collagen. They're also gluten-free, GMO-free, soy-free, dairy-free and DELICIOUS. Try our Dark Chocolate Chip and Apple Cinnamon here.
Bone broth. Though our culture has lost touch with the tradition of drinking bone broth, it is a veritable superfood due to its collagen content. I also love to drink a mug at night because its glycine (amino acid) content has been proven to promote restful sleep.
Supplement with Hydrolyzed Collagen. Supplementing with collagen is great because it is virtually tasteless. I like to put in my morning smoothie or even my morning latte. Be sure you get a hydrolyzed version for optimal absorption. My favorite version is from Great Lakes which you can purchase here.
Since I've made collagen a part of my daily routine, my nails and hair have never grown faster. My formerly acne-scarred skin is also brighter than ever.
Here's hoping you feel the difference immediately too!
For another genius way to slow the aging process, check out tomorrow's email. You'll learn all about my anti-inflammatory and invigorating magic morning tonic!