EP73: The Truth About GMO’s with Jeffrey Smith
IN THIS EPISODE:
In case you're not yet familiar, Jeffrey Smith is the leading consumer advocate promoting healthier non-GMO choices. His meticulous research documents how biotech companies continue to mislead legislators and safety officials to put the health of society at risk and the environment in peril.
His feature-length documentary Genetic Roulette — The Gamble of Our Lives was awarded the 2012 Movie of the Year (Solari Report) and the Transformational Film of the Year (AwareGuide) and is considered the authoritative work on GMO health dangers. You may have read about him in The New York Times, New Scientist, and Time Magazine or seen him on the BBC, NPR, Fox News, Democracy Now, and the Dr. Oz Show.
Here are some of the gems you're in for:
- Why Jeffrey became so passionate about GMOs
- Why attracting attention from the pro-GMO crowd is a GOOD thing
- Who many of the GMO trolls really are
- Whether GMOs increase crop yields and feed a hungry planet
- Whether genetic engineering is a precise science
- What the FDA's own scientists said about the risks of GMOs
- Who funds the research regarding the safety of GMOs
- The documented health issues associated with GMOs
- What the only human trial demonstrated about GMO risks
- How Glyphosate (the active ingredient in Roundup) harms the gut
- Why Glyphosate steals nutrients from you and the soil
- What tobacco science is and why you need to care
- Why Monsanto talks out of both sides of their mouth
- Why the Academy of Environmental Sciences recommend all doctors instruct
- their patients to eliminate GMOs
- What you can do to avoid GMOs
- The most popular GMO foods
- The important distinction between non-GMO and organic
- Why we need to test for Glyphosate (and what it is!)
- How 2 autistic children changed their lives
- Why we know the anti-GMO movement is making progress
- Where you can read more about GMO fraud and much more!
Check out Jeffrey's Upcoming Movie here and find out how to get connected:
Connect with their Facebook here:
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share or a question you'd like to ask? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see in this post.
Also, we'd love it if you would leave an honest review for The Optimize Paleo Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are super helpful and greatly appreciated as it helps us expose this show to a wider audience and spread this information to more people who need to hear it. We read every review so we look forward to hearing from you!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates…see you next time!
Click the button below to subscribe on iTunes: