EP72: The Wahl’s Protocol and Delicious Recipes
Have you listened to this yet?Posted by Autumn Smith
IN THIS EPISODE:
If you haven't seen her epic TED talk, Dr. Wahl's is a clinical professor of medicine at the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine in Iowa City, Iowa. She's also a clinical researcher and has published over 60 peer-reviewed scientific abstracts, posters, and papers.
The best part about Dr. Wahl's, however, is that In addition to being a doctor, she's also a patient with a chronic, progressive disease.
Diagnosed with relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis in 2000, she underwent traditional forms of therapy to no avail. She was once confined to a zero gravity chair.
Instead of accepting her fate, she bravely designed a revolutionary dietary protocol based on the 30+ nutrients our brains require and today she is healthy, happy and on a mission to empower others to take back their health.
Here's what you'll learn:
- How she put her Multiple Sclerosis (M.S.) into remission using food
- Why she feels BLESSED to have had M.S.
- What she did to teach her kids that anything is possible
- How she created her protocol
- Why it's different (and more effective) then the paleo diet
- Why you won't feel restricted on her protocol
- The AWESOME side effects of her protocol
- Why her protocol is different than the Autoimmune Protocol
- Who her Protocol can help (spoiler alert: it's probably YOU!)
- What her clinical research is revealing
- Why she recommends MCT oil to help keep you in ketosis
- Whether or not vegetarians can use her protocol
- Why some ketogenic diets can be harmful
- One supplement that most everyone will benefit from
- Why organ meats are so critical for vibrant health
- What mitochondria are and why they matter
- Why her cookbook makes healthy eating effortless
- Her very favorite recipes
- How to get your kids to eat organ meats (and other nutrient dense foods) effortlessly
- Whether or not the medical community is embracing her research
- How to learn more about her research
- How to work with her personally
- Whether or not she recommends giving my son (and other kids) gluten
- And much more!
Grab a copy of The Wahl's Protocol book here:
Check out, The Wahls Protocol Cooking for Life: The Revolutionary Modern Paleo Plan to Treat All Chronic Autoimmune Conditions
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share or a question you'd like to ask? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see in this post.
Also, we'd love it if you would leave an honest review for The Optimize Paleo Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are super helpful and greatly appreciated as it helps us expose this show to a wider audience and spread this information to more people who need to hear it. We read every review so we look forward to hearing from you!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates…see you next time!
Click the button below to subscribe on iTunes: