EP. 60: Revolutionizing Health with Fasting with Dr. Michael Mosley
IN THIS EPISODE:
Dr. Mosley trained as a doctor at the Royal Free Hospital in London and after qualifying joined the BBC as a trainee assistant producer. Over the last 25 years he has made numerous science and history documentaries for the BBC, first behind the camera, more recently as a presenter. He was executive producer of QED, Trust Me I’m a Doctor and Superhuman. He is also the author of the Fast Diet.
Dr. Mosley successfully reversed his type 2 diabetes by fasting and so if you have excess weight (especially around the middle), insulin resistance, pre-diabetes, type 2 diabetes, or unmet health goals than this is NOT the show to miss.
Here are sons of the other interesting things you'll lead:
- How to lose weight and boost brain function without changing your diet
- The empirically-supported benefits of intermittent fasting (IF)
- The different types of IF
- The history of fasting
- Which populations benefit from fasting
- What your waist circumference can tell you about whether or not you should be fasting
- Why fasting is beneficial EVEN when it's slightly stressful
- How to do a 5/2 fast
- How to fast and still eat EVERY day
- Why research has shown that IF is surprisingly EASIER (physically and psychologically!) than standards diets
- How IF helps you make healthier decisions
- Why you actually eat LESS the day after you fast
- Who should NOT be fasting
- Whether or not fasting triggers eating disorders
- How many food decisions you make each day (this will SHOCK you!)
- How you should approach your first days fasting for best results!
- One food that is really helpful on fasting days
- And much more!
Check out Dr. MIchael Mosley's website's here:
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share or a question you'd like to ask? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see in this post.
Also, we'd love it if you would leave an honest review for The Optimize Paleo Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are super helpful and greatly appreciated as it helps us expose this show to a wider audience and spread this information to more people who need to hear it. We read every review so we look forward to hearing from you!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates…see you next time!
Click the button below to subscribe on iTunes: