EP. 57: At-home Digestive Hacks with Liz Lipski
IN THIS EPISODE:
Liz Lipski, PhD, CCN, CNS, CHN, LDN, CFM, is Professor of Clinical Nutrition and the Director of Academic Development, Nutrition & Integrative Health at Maryland University of Integrative Health (MUIH). She is board certified in Clinical Nutrition, Holistic Nutrition, as a Nutrition Specialist, and in Functional Medicine. Dr. Lipski is nationally known for her pioneering work and expertise in the field of functional and integrative nutrition, and digestive health.
She is so incredibly knowledgable and this interview is PACKED with life-changing digestive health nuggets so don't miss out!
Here's what you'll learn:
- What inspired her to write a book about digestion
- The ROOT causes of our digestive issues today
- Her #1 digestive hack
- Why kids today are getting fatty livers
- Why low carb diets help Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- The test your doc won't do but that you need to have if you have IBS
- Herbs that can alleviate IBS
- The foods you need to eliminate if you have IBS
- Why stomach acid (HCL) is important for your health
- How to test whether or not you have HCL issues 2 at-home remedies for HCL insufficiency
- What to do for heartburn
- How to safely wean off heartburn medications
- How to get to the ROOT of HCL insufficiency
- What your POOP can tell you about your health
- What transit time is, how to test it and why it matters
- How to alleviate constipation
- A important mineral for alleviating PMS
- The difference between a food allergy and intolerance
- The underlying factor for many digestive issues
- How to detect food sensitivities
- The best tests to diagnose food sensitives
- How food sensitivity tests work
- Two labs that offer advanced testing
- Why digestive enzymes are important
- What causes inadequate enzyme production
- How to choose a high quality enzyme
- Her favorite digestive enzymes
- The enzymes she recommends for those with Celiac Disease and gluten sensitivity
- And much more!
Check out Liz's website's here:
Grab Liz's Book Digestive Wellness here:
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share or a question you'd like to ask? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see in this post.
Also, we'd love it if you would leave an honest review for The Optimize Paleo Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are super helpful and greatly appreciated as it helps us expose this show to a wider audience and spread this information to more people who need to hear it. We read every review so we look forward to hearing from you!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates…see you next time!
Click the button below to subscribe on iTunes: