Paleo Approved Tuna Melts!
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Prep Time: 5 mins
- 2 yams, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil (brand pictured)
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 2 cans wild-caught albacore tuna
- 4 Tbsp. avocado mayonnaise
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Sea salt (this is my favorite brand!) and ground pepper to taste
- Baking Sheet
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Coat yam slices with avocado oil. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Roast on a sheet tray for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Turn oven to broiler.
- Drain tuna. In a small bowl, combine tuna, mayo, mustard, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt & pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Spread tuna mixture on top of yam slices. Top with halved tomatoes. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt & cracked pepper.
- Broil for 3-5 minutes until tomatoes start to blister & tuna is hot. Serve topped with sliced avocado.