Paleo Mayo with Avocado Oil Recipe
We don’t know about you, but we don’t even know what a turkey sandwich is without mayonnaise.
And yes, we do mean a paleo turkey sandwich, gluten-free bread and all. Which goes to the reason we decided we needed a paleo mayo for said sandwiches, ASAP.
Enter the mayo that’s not only a mayo, but a superfood.
This paleo mayo contains a base of pasture-raised eggs and cold-pressed avocado oil, both of which are rich in healthy fatty acids and nutrients like choline and vitamin E. But we take it a step further, adding Paleovalley Organ Complex to the mix to make it a true SUPERFOOD containing high doses of CoQ10, vitamin A, and the full spectrum of B vitamins.
Additionally, avocado has shown in studies to help reduce cholesterol, while also containing an abundance of antioxidants that reduce inflammation. [*] And organs like kidney found in our Organ Complex have been found to support immunity and thyroid function.
So the next time you hesitate to add mayo to your dish, break out these ingredients, follow this recipe, and know you’re adding it for your health!
Paleo Mayo with Avocado Oil
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Serves: 2-3 cups
- 2 large pasture-raised egg yolks
- 1½ cups Ava Jane Avocado Oil
- 1 capsule Paleovalley Organ Complex, opened
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon organic mustard
- 2 Tablespoons boiling water
- Egg beater or whisk
- Large bowl
- Add egg yolks to a bowl and beat for 1-2 minutes until fluffy.
- Add lemon juice, salt, Organ Complex powder, and mustard, and beat for 30 more seconds, then SLOWLY add in the oil, dash by dash. Pause dripping the oil in every 10 seconds while whisking, making sure it is being thoroughly combined.
- Once the mayo has thickened, add in your boiling water and beat swiftly.
- Add to a sealable glass jar and indulge when desired! Mayo will keep for up to two weeks.
Adding Paleovalley Organ Complex to mayo gives you a dose of the abundance of nutrients found in organ meats, without the taste. Compliment it with the nutrient-rich Ava Jane’s Avocado Oil, that’s also rich in healthy fatty acids, and you’ve got yourself a superfood mayo.