Paleo Low Carb Cauliflower Stuffing Recipe
Trying to keep the carbs low this holiday season and afraid you’ll miss out on traditional favorites like stuffing? We’ve been there, and we’ve got you covered! You won’t even miss the bread-based stuff once you’ve tasted this low carb cauliflower version.
Using cauliflower instead of diet-damaging bread keeps carbs (but not flavor) low in this stuffing.
We add fresh herbs and pecans to enhance the savory flavor and a dash of maple syrup for just a touch of sweetness. Then round everything out with a spicy kick from our Jalapeno Grass Fed Beef Sticks (the Original Flavor can be used for a milder taste).
The result is a flavor sensation that is reminiscent of traditional stuffing. Feel free to have seconds (and even thirds, we won’t tell) and still keep your carbs to a minimum. After all, you do need to save some room for pie!
Paleo Low Carb Cauliflower Stuffing
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Serves: 10 ½ cup servings
- 1 large cauliflower head, chopped into small florets
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- ¼ cup thinly chopped celery
- 2 thinly sliced Paleovalley 100% Grass Fed Beef Sticks
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil (try a bottle of our favorite for just $1)
- ¼ cup crushed pecans
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp ground dried rosemary
- ½ tsp ground sage
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Baking sheet
- Large bowl
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients minus the fresh parsley and pecans, and toss until olive oil, maple syrup, and herbs are evenly distributed.
- Spread the stuffing on the baking sheet in a single layer (you may need more than one).
- Roast for roughly 15 minutes.
- Remove and stir in fresh parsley and pecans, then roast for another 10-15 minutes until cauliflower edges are golden and pecans are brown.
Getting ready for the Holidays? Save time in the kitchen with Paleovalley Beef Sticks. Use them to quickly add protein to any savory dish or slice and serve with crackers, cheese, and fruit for an effortless appetizer. With 5 delicious varieties, the possibilities are endless.