Get more CoQ10 naturally for better energy and brain function
Coenzyme Q10 is a vital nutrient known for boosting heart health and overall energy. Your body produces a super small amount of CoQ10 on its own, but getting a good amount from food or supplementation can be a game changer for your health.
But before you run to your nearest health food store to stock up on yet another pill, let’s talk about the best and most bioavailable way to get it. (Hint: it’s not what you think!)
The best way to get CoQ10 naturally?
That’s right. Beef liver and heart are some of the highest natural sources of CoQ10 on the planet. Plus, with organ meats, you’re getting an array of other critical nutrients along with it (more on that below!).
Now let’s learn a little more about what makes CoQ10 an anti-aging powerhouse.
Why CoQ10, anyway?
CoQ10 is an essential coenzyme that has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits. It’s best known for neutralizing free radicals and decreasing your risk of heart attacks, but the leading-edge science is all about what CoQ10 can do for your mitochondria.
Mitochondria are like little power plants in your cells, working to produce ATP - your body’s main source of energy. When you add CoQ10 to your diet, it helps your mitochondria produce more energy, more efficiently.
That means CoQ10 doesn’t just protect your heart… it strengthens every cell in your body.
This is great news if you’re into anti-aging and generally feeling amazing.
People who take CoQ10 report having:
- More energy
- Better brain function
- Less depression
And you may want more CoQ10if you want to:
- Lower inflammation
- Improve your mitochondrial function
- If you’re on certain medications that deplete CoQ10 in your cells (like statins!)
- If you want more energy and vitality as you age
Not too shabby.
Why you should get your CoQ10 from organ meats
There are a couple of issues that come from supplementing with synthetic CoQ10.
1. It’s not cheap. When you buy synthetic, you’re typically getting a single nutrient for the same (or a much higher price) than the array of nutrients you’re getting from a single 4 oz. dose of organ meats.
Paleovalley’s Grass-fed Organ complex is rich in CoQ10, but you’ll also get a concentrated source of bioavailable vitamins A, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, and B12. It’s also rich in the minerals iron, phosphorus, zinc, copper, and selenium.
2. Not all CoQ10 supplements are created equal. If you’re going synthetic, you have to get the right form, or else you’re spending a lot of money on a nutrient that will go right through you. People swear by CoQ10 supplementation, but you’ll have to find a supplier you trust. … or just eat your organ meats!
Before you start looking up beef heart recipes, remember that our Grass-fed Organ Complex includes not one, but three organs from 100% grass-fed, pasture-raised cows. This means a huge diversity of nutrients, all gently freeze-dried to preserve the fragile vitamins, minerals, and enzymes.