Banana Churros with Chocolate Superfood Sauce Recipe
Thoughts of churros probably stir up memories of carnivals and pre-paleo days where the dangers of fried dough were unknown (don’t worry, we were all there once!).
Now, they’re paleo-approved, with added superfoods.
Churros have undergone a makeover by substituting gluten-filled dough for bananas, undesirable oil for virgin coconut oil, and naughty sweeteners for mineral-rich coconut sugar. And we’ve even added a chocolate bonus in the form of a gooey dipping sauce infused with anti-aging & immune-supporting collagen and protein.
As you can see, this once no-go treat has made a turn … for the better.
Banana Churros with Chocolate Superfood Dipping Sauce
Prep time: 7 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 2 bananas, sliced into roughly 2” thick coins
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- ⅓ cup melted dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips
- ½ scoop Paleovalley Bone Broth Protein
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Stovetop pot or double boiler
- In a small bowl, combine coconut sugar and cinnamon, whisking together until thoroughly combined.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil over medium heat. Add the sliced bananas and cook on one side until caramelized, or about 1 minute. Flip and carmelize on the other side. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In a double boiler or small pot, melt dark chocolate and additional tablespoon of coconut oil by stirring continuously. Once melted, stir in ½ scoop of Paleovalley Bone Broth Protein. Remove from heat and place in a small dipping bowl.
- Now, dip your banana rounds in the coconut sugar and cinnamon mix, rolling until thoroughly coated.
- Serve with toothpicks for dipping.
Add our flavorless Bone Broth Protein Powder to just about anything for an added dose of immune-supporting collagen and glycine. It’s perfect for everything from smoothies to soups and (as you can see) sweet treats too. Try it 100% Risk-Free for 60 Days HERE!